Registration for year 2017 is closed. Thank you all for interesting and submissions.
CGM Rules and Regulations
The filmmaking techniques in Vancouver is fully developed; people call it the Northern Hollywood because Vancouver is the third biggest film production center in the world after Los Angeles and New York. Holding the film festival in Vancouver in 2017 would bring infinite opportunities for the development of the festival.
2017 Canada Golden Maple Film Festival is taking place from September 20, 2017 to September 25, 2017, in Vancouver. According to the development of the film festival, it’s initially determined to be held once every two years.
- Canada Golden Maple Film FestivalGolden Maple Film Prize
- Vancouver, Canada
The CGM is responsible for choosing and inviting the films which will be presented in the film fest, and for the films have selected by the committee will receive a reward certification. Please comply with the following:
The qualified film would be deemed as the candidate film:
- 1. All films must have been produced within the past 36 months.
- 2. All films must be under 90 minutes DCP. The media type of the short film could be DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- 3. Films that have not released or have never participated in any other film festivals will be on the preferred list.
- 4. Films that are longer than 90 minutes can be considered as the candidate film for “Golden Maple Film Prize”;
- 5. The feature films, animation, documentaries, short films meet the below criterion will also be considered as the candidate films:
- a. All films must be produced within two years, and should be in the effect of 35mm film with HD equipment.
- b. For the feature film and animation should be longer than 70 minutes, and for the documentaries and short films should not be longer than 25 minutes.
- 6. Awards include theatre films and online films.
Once the film is selected, the participant is not allowed to quit during the process.
During the film festival, the exhibited films are not permitted to be shown at any other places. Violators will be disqualified from the competition.
All the films must show with original audio and English subtitle (Original audio refers to the original language of the movies)
If the video does not meet the rules listed above, the committee have the right to disqualify the film from the competition.
The copied films should come with English subtitle (subtitle producing rate is paid by the producer).
The film competition will be led by the Jury President Mr. Stephen MD Chang.
The jury includes 4-6 members.
The jury will vote anonymously.
The first two round of voting will be taking an absolute majority rules, and the rest of the voting will be taking the principle of relative majority rules.
The president of the film festival will be listed under the jury member, but will not participate the voting.
For any person who has related interest with any of the selected film is not allowed to be the jury member.
Golden Maple Film Awards
1st Category/Cinema Film
- Golden Maple Best Film Award
- Golden Maple Best Scriptwriter Award
- Golden Maple Best Director Award
- Golden Maple Best Motion Picture Award
- Golden Maple Best Romance Picture Award
- Golden Maple Best Leading Actor Award
- Golden Maple Best Leading Actress Award
- Golden Maple Best Supporting Actor Award
- Golden Maple Best Supporting Actress Award
- Golden Maple Best New Star Award
- Golden Maple Best Youth Picture Award
- Golden Maple Best Youth Director Award
- Golden Maple Best Youth Scriptwriter Award
- Golden Maple Best Original Song Award
2nd Category/Online Film
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Scriptwriter Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Director Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Leading Actor Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Leading Actress Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Supporting Actor Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Supporting Actress Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film New Star Award
- Golden Maple Best Online Film Original Song Award
3rd Category/Short Films
- Golden Maple Best Short Film Award
- Golden Maple Best Short Film Director Award
- Golden Maple Best Short Film Scriptwriter Award
- Golden Maple Best Short Film Photography Award
- Golden Maple Best Short Film Original Song Award
- Golden Maple Best Documentary Award
- Golden Maple Best Documentary Director Award
- Golden Maple Best Documentary Scriptwriter Award
- Golden Maple Best Documentary Photography Award
- Golden Maple Best Documentary Original Song Award
5th Category/Creative Film
- Golden Maple Creative Children Film Award
- Golden Maple Creative Musical Film Award
6th Category/Original Screenplays
- Golden Maple Best Screenplay Award
- Golden Maple Best Creative Screenplay Award
- Golden Maple Best New Screenplay Award
- Golden Maple Best College Screenplay Award
The selected films should indicate Canada Golden Maple Film Festival Official Selection on their publicity materials.
According to the CGM rules and regulations, the awards winners shall give a clear indication about the awards on all of their publicity materials.
The deadline of all application is on August 20, 2017, and the application form could be send via mail or email before this date, and registration also available on the festival official website.
All film submissions must be sent to the film festival organizing committee before September 1st, 2017.
The participant shall provide the committee with the detail information about the film.
- 1. Applicants must provide a full detail description of the film to the festival committee. A final copy of the English subtitle for the nominated films must be deliver to the festival committee head quarter, see below:
- 2. Applicants will be terminated from the competition if the final copy of films are not received before September 1st, 21:00 (Pacific Time).
- 3. Trailer and poster can be uploaded on the member area of the CGM website; the maximum trailer file size is 8mb, and the maximum poster file size is 6mb.
- 4. For displaying printed poster during festival events, please pay the display fee US $200 before the festival begins; the printed poster must be 6 feet long and 3 feet wide; to avoid the limit of displaying places, the poster must come with its own support; if you want us to print the poster and prepare its support, please pay the labor fee US $300.
- 5. All copies of films will be returned to designated address in 2(two) weeks after the closing date of the festival.
- 6. Shipping fee (imported and re-exported), screen fee and translation fee (if the film needs to be translated into English subtitle) shall be submitted by the film producer or related organizations as well as the copy fee, DVD shipping fee and insurance. Canada Golden Maple Film Festival will apply a security fee in the festival official website for the nominated films.
- 7. Films and filmmakers participate in the Canada Golden Maple Film Festival are deemed to comply with the existing rules and shall be acknowledged and accepts all of the Canada Golden Maple Film Festival charter. Film producers, publishers or organizations are obliged to ensure the legality of all nominated films in the festival.
Address: 1263 - 13351 Commerce Parkway
Richmond, BC V6V 2X7 Canada
Phone: 1 604-256-2180
U.S & Canada Hotline:1 866-838-9095
(Pacific Time: Mon-Fri/9:00am-5:00pm)
China Hotline: 950-40480866
(China Time: Tues-Sat/0:00am-1:00pm)
Canada Golden Maple Film Festival Committee
January 19, 2017